How we are keeping our Abbeyfield houses safe
We have measures in place to protect residents, staff and visitors against Covid-19 and make our Abbeyfield houses safe. Please respect these if you are visiting, or live in, one of our houses.
All visitors to our Abbeyfield houses must be fully vaccinated. This includes:
- Family and friends of residents
- Community nurses and home helpers
- Contractors and suppliers
- Abbeyfield committee members and volunteers
Visitors must also:
- Sign a health and safety declaration form before entering the house.
- Wear a face covering when visiting the house. (Any children who are not able to wear a mask when visiting a resident should meet them outside).
- Record each visit by scanning the QR code poster or signing the contact log at the house entrance.
- Avoid communal living areas in the house such as the lounge, dining room.
We strongly encourage our residents to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as we believe it is the best form of protection, in conjunction with other public health measures.
We also advise residents to:
- Wear a face covering in places and situations where they are required to.
- Keep track of where they have been and who they have seen, by scanning QR code posters at places they visit, or writing down where they have been in a diary or notebook.